About Michigan Women's Marketplace
The Michigan Women’s Marketplace (MWM) is Michigan’s premiere online women’s business education and information center. This center – comprised of a directory of women business owners, a calendar of events, and a list of business resources – can be a catalyst in generating business-to-business opportunities, strategic alliances, mutual mentoring relationships, and discussions on issues common to all women business owners. By creating the most comprehensive directory of Michigan women-owned businesses, the MWM can reach a greater number of women business owners and inform them of a variety of services and business opportunities provided by the women business organizations throughout Michigan; and women business organizations can use the MWM to generate greater visibility of their organizations.
The Michigan Women's Marketplace (www.miwomen.com) was developed to assist women business owners grow their businesses through networking, training opportunities, and enhanced business visibility through the directory.
How We Got Started
The Michigan Women's Marketplace (www.miwomen.com) MWM, an initiative of the Great Lakes Women's Business Council and is sponsored by the Small Business Administration (SBA), General Motors Company, and Comerica Bank.
MWM was designed to help women-owned businesses grow. The original site was a virtual mall where women sold their products and services through the Marketplace. It was intended that, by having multiple products online, each vendor would receive additional business just because of the traffic – similar to a physical mall.
Over the years, MWM has evolved into a first-class women's information and education site, with multiple partners and associates providing a wealth of information to help maintain and grow our women businesses.
On the site today, you will find:
- The Women's Business Directory, which offers an opportunity for a woman-owned business to register and receive additional business from online visitors looking to do business with women and a wonderful networking opportunity for our women to also work with each other.
- The Training Center, consists of live and recorded webinars, articles on many business topics, as well as a list of business tools and resource links for further research.
- The Webinars cover subjects that will help you with your business, to see the latest offerings, please go to the Training Center.
- The Recommended Reading section that has many categories to choose from.
- Our Calendar of events includes networking and training events offered by nonprofit organizations across the state of Michigan.
Future Center Enhancements Include:
- More webinars presented by industry experts
- Ask the Expert section that you can submit questions regarding challenges you have with your business.
- Keep building the business social media network for discussions and on-going communications
- Virtual online tradeshow
- And much more. . .